CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My sneaky dog

Ruby is one smart puppy. Yesterday, I went to clinicals at St. Jude, so my dog walker came by around noon to walk Ruby. I got home a little after 3, let her out to potty, played with her a few minutes, changed clothes, and went to the gym. I've been putting her in the kitchen with 2 baby gates up because she limps a lot (from her knee surgery) when I leave her in the crate for several hours. She's gotten out of the gates a few times, but we've rigged it with the garbage can in front of one and a rather heavy toolbox in front of the other, so she can't get out (or so I thought). I was gone for 45 minutes tops and came in to Ruby lying down in Jason's office. Around her were several little plastic wrappers and a few other miscellaneous paper products. Apparently, she had freaked out when I left her and pushed against the tool box until she had moved the gate. She then proceeded to go through my lunchbox and get out 3 packages of melba toasts (2 crackers in each). She honestly ate the crackers and left the wrapping on the floor as though she had merely opened them up. She was working on opening up a Nutri Grain bar when I caught her. I was laughing so hard at the thought of her NOT eating the wrapper along with the crackers that I couldn't really get on to her. She's so silly! I wish I could've gotten pictures of her little mess, but the camera was in the car. I'll have to keep it on me at all times to document her shenanigans.

No comments: